Team Type 1 funds college scholarships of up to $10,000 to help young, talented athletes with type 1 diabetes off-set the cost of diabetes care so they can focus on what matters…their health and their college education.
Awards recognize athletes who demonstrate an ability to balance both academic and sporting commitments, promote healthy living with successful diabetes management through exercise, and who desire to inspire and empower others through meaningful diabetes community engagement.
Team Type 1 scholarships are renewable up to 4 years for any recipient that continues to meet the requirements listed below:
- The applicant lives with type 1 diabetes
- The applicant attends an accredited NAIA or NCAA school and plays a sanctioned sport for that school
- The applicant maintains a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- The applicant wants to use their sport as a platform to inspire others with diabetes
- The applicant commits to attending an online Team Type 1 Global Ambassador Training, during which they will learn more about TT1’s goals and programs and how to represent themselves and TT1 in their local diabetes community
Scholarship Submission Calendar:
- Feb – March: Applications are submitted
- April – May: Applications are reviewed by an un-biased committee of volunteers
- June: Award notifications are sent to applicants
- July: The TT1 Global Ambassador Online Training
- August – May: Global Ambassadors Prove What’s Possible with Diabetes on and off the field!
For more information on the Global Ambassador Scholarships, please contact us at email@example.com